Close Menu
Winter Park Attorneys
Free Initial Consultation
Available 24/7
Winter Park Criminal & Family Attorneys > Winter Park Family Law Attorney > Winter Park Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

Winter Park Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

While this type of order is not a formal guardianship, it can greatly assist family members who have been called upon to care for the child, and bring much needed stability to a child in need. The orders can typically be obtained expeditiously, and at a very reasonable cost. If you are a grandparent or other extended family member who is providing such care or a parent in need of such an order for your child, Mr. Cotter and Mr. Zelman can discuss with you the rights, responsibilities, and ramifications of establishing such and order, our Winter Park grandparents’ rights attorneys can help.

Section 751, Florida Statutes contains the important provisions for parents of children who, for a variety of reasons, may be unable to care for their children, and temporarily wish to have grandparents or other extended family members render assistance. Such a custody order obtained under this law can allow the extended family member to consent to all necessary and reasonable medical and dental care for the child, including non-emergency surgery and psychiatric care, secure copies of the child’s records, as may be held by third parties, but are necessary to the care of the child, enroll the child in school and grant or withhold consent for the child to be tested or placed in any special school programs, including exceptional education, and basically do all other things necessary for the care of the child. Additional provisions such as where the child resides, and contact schedules with the parents are typically covered in such an order.

Share This Page:

© 2016 - 2024 Cotter & Zelman, P.A., Attorneys & Counselors at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab